Friday, October 24, 2008

Cloth Diapering is it worth it?

I started using cloth diapers about 8mo ago. My youngest daughter had diaper rashes so badly and nothing would help them! I went to visit my sister-in-law in PA and she was using CD's. I watched her for a few days and saw how easy it was and how it really wasn't as gross or messy as I thought it would be. She taught me how to take care of them and make the most of them. Cloth diapers today are nothing like they were years ago! There are so many options now, most of them look like regular disposable diapers but with cute little designs on them and colors. And the inside material is great and so when they have a BM it rolls right off into the toilet for easy clean up! For the more messy diapers you can actually purchase a small sprayer that attaches to your toilet and it sprays right off! Throw them in the wash with some vinegar to take out the odor and that's it!!

http://cutietooties.com/calc.php here you can find a calculator that will tell you (according to the type of CD's you want to buy) how much per year CDing will save you! I put in 6 diapers a day 30 diapers total at $6.00 ea. and I've saved over $700.00 per year x2 children! The price of diapers very depending on the type and if you buy them new or used. I buy all of mine used off www.diaperswappers.com. You can buy, trade, and sell diapers from the best condition to the worse! Most of the mommies have been pretty honest on there from my experience so far.

There are several benefits from CDing besides saving money a few of them are....
#1 Less diaper rashes because they allow the baby's sensitive skin to breathe
#2 No chemicals in the diapers some studies have linked disposable diapers to cancer
#3 Soft and comfortable for the baby
#4 Your baby is more likely to potty train quicker

You can get so much helpful information on www.diaperswappers.com if your new at this.

You can also learn to sew your own cloth diapers saving even more time and money. There are several mommies who go into business sewing cloth diapers and have their own online store! I haven't attempted sewing my own yet but I think I'm going to try it before the winter is over. Here is a website to help with sewing your own diapers http://www.diapersewing.com/

Happy Cloth Diapering!!

No comments: