Saturday, October 18, 2008

How to save on your electric bill.

So my biggest goal the last few months was learning how to save electricity. Two months ago we get our Electric bill after electric went up and it was $199.00!! That is a lot for us for the summer. Our average bill for the summer was usually $120.00-$130.00, so I started trying to tackle that bill!

#1 I went and got dryer balls for the dryer, they help drying time to be less.
#2 I started doing all my laundry the same day or two days in a row instead of a few loads each day, this way it takes less energy for the dryer to heat up.
#3 Started shutting off the air on cool days, opening the windows, and on days when it's cool but too cool to open the windows I just shut the air off and leave the windows closed.
#4 Vacuumed the back of the refrigerator coils this helps save energy
#5 Make sure to turn off all lights in the house when not in use, utilize the sunlight as much as possible (opening blinds, hanging clothes out to dry etc...)
#6 we changed all light bulbs to the energy saving light bulbs 14w.
#7 Keeping out thermostat at 76 degrees

This month I got the electric bill and it was a whopping $99.00!! Just doing these 7 things has cut down our electricity by over 50%!!

No comments: