Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Save on Cleaning Supplies

I've been asked several times about how I make my Laundry Detergent/Cleaning products so I thought I'd just start writing a blog on here about how I've been saving $ in our household and the new things I've learned. I'll start with the Cleaning Supplies because that was the first thing I started doing to save money. So here is my recipe:
1
Bar Ivory Soap graded
1Cup Borax
1Cup Washing Soda

Mix together and you should only need 1 table spoon per load!! YES that's right JUST 1!! I store it in a large cheese puff container with a lid and make it several batches at a time and it lasts me for months! Now upon trial and error, I noticed that it didn't always take the smell out of the clothes so you can do 1 of two things. If you want a fresh clean smell, I fill up a spray bottle with Simple Green and spray 3-4 sprays in the wash to give it a nice fresh clean smell. You could also probably use Vinegar for this, in addition to taking away odor it also acts as a natural fabric softener.

Also instead of Dryer Sheets, try the Dryer Balls!! They are $9.00 you can buy them off TV, Sears, & CVS! They also cut down on dryer time saving you $ on your energy bill, as well as making your clothes fluffy!

Multi-Purpose Cleaner:

1 half Vinegar
1 half Water

Put into spray bottle and use on surfaces, stove, counters, bathroom counters, bathtubs etc....Trouble with Soap Scum?? use straight Vinegar or Baking Soda!
Homemade Glass Cleaner!! (NO STREAKS!!)

1 Cup Rubbing Alcohol
1 Cup Water1 Table Spoon Ammonia

Furniture Polish

1 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Lemon Juice

More to come....... :)

No comments: